A modern, agile approach to solving data and operational challenges
We have formalised our tried and tested approach to delivering rapid solutions on LiveDataset for clients by making our free Data Collaboration Clinics available to interested parties. These confidential sessions allow organisations to quickly apply the power of LiveDataset to their data challenges and take a working prototype back to their teams and stakeholders for further analysis and testing.
Over the past 20 years we have taken a hands-on and agile approach to solving our clients’ challenges. Like a clinic, clients come to us knowing that something is wrong, indeed often with some self-diagnosis already performed. The common complaints we hear include:
- I have a problem (i.e. I know the way we are working isn’t optimal)
- I am living with the problem rather than resolving it (i.e. we have manual processes and spreadsheets to manage the flow of data)
- The cure seems at worst unattainable or at best too big a decision (i.e. the strategic solution will take many months/years/dollars to implement)
In these situations we have found it to be incredibly powerful to quickly show the data and workflows within the platform – a demonstrable version of the final end-to-end solution. And this significant step on the journey is much simpler than most clients realise. This is why we are able to offer this free of charge and with no formal commitment (other than a couple of short meetings and some key data points).
1: The diagnosis meeting
Typically a 1-2 hour session where client shares details of the processes that are currently under strain or risky. For example:
- Core systems that don’t quite meet the needs of the business and result in the crude bolt-ons and the all-too-common misuse of “spreadsheets as systems”
- Lack of control or traceability over the flow and manipulation of data in the organisation
- Volume, frequency or sensitivity of data that has evolved to a point where existing processes and tools have become a business risk
2: Sharing of data and workflows
During the diagnosis meeting we will typically uncover the many spreadsheets, legacy systems and long-standing processes and workflows that are in need of attention. Once we have these details we have what we need to develop a ‘version 1’ prototype.
3: Solution creation
Taking the sample data, business rules and outline workflows, the LiveDataset team rapidly configure a standalone, functioning prototype. While custom automation and integration with the live data sources isn’t included at this first phase, typically 80%+ of the end-to-end process can be demonstrated at this stage.
4: Review, engage and roadmap
Clients of our clinics are able to quickly demonstrate a solution to key business stakeholders. Armed with a working prototype, configured specifically for their requirements, and with a clear integration roadmap that can be achieved in a matter of weeks, clients can move forwards with confidence.
- The global investment bank compliance team that needed to reconcile disparate feeds in multiple formats from 200+ business lines
- The distributed KYC/AML department with a spreadsheet-based QA process that was straining under the weight of 2,000+ cases per day
- The global insurance firm struggling to understand the root causes of outstanding debtors in branches across 60+ countries